Title : Business Analyst - Contract - Phoenix, AZ (MSR Global LLC) - 29706
Posting ID : 29706
Pay : DOE
No. of Openings: 1
PLEASE NOTE: This posting will close on 08/01/2014.
|Role and Responsibilities
Seeking an experienced Business Analyst to provide overall functional design guidance in the evolution of a state government department of motor vehicle enterprise software application suite. This position will provide broad cross-domain and cross-disciplinary expertise in establishing the scope that will be used to design and develop the department’s software solution. As a member of the project team, the analyst will work in an interactive environment with business and technical staff to ensure a high degree of collaboration in support of a successful overall solution. Responsibilities for this role will include working with Motor Vehicle business users to define business requirements, designing software solutions, developing business specification artifacts for the enterprise, and collaborating with a highly skilled software development team. The analyst will also be responsible for business optimization and transformation. This is an exciting technical role where hands-on design is required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 4 years of experience in designing enterprise business applications in the Motor Vehicle industry (i.e. Driver Licensing, Driver Control & Improvement, and / or Vehicle Titling & Registration).
- Minimum 4 years of experience in deploying enterprise software solutions utilizing primarily the Microsoft .NET framework.
- Experience to identify potential impacts and / or gaps in terms of organization, business and processes between current customer situations, and the desired end-state of the software solution.
- Proven ability to anticipate and appropriately escalate on forthcoming issues and risks of the software solution.
- Experience in the utilization of an industry accepted, structured software development life cycle methodology.
- Ability to understand and comply with established design principles, standards, and procedures for software development.
- Experience designing complex software products including the deployment of multiple versions / releases of a large product.
- Ability to synchronize the application design with the overall system design (i.e. inter-agency communication, ERP, security requirements, etc.).
- Experience utilizing software development design tools and processes (i.e. Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Sharepoint, Visio, etc.).
- Ability to author design specifications and functional design documentation for the software development team.
- Ability to effectively analyze software solutions through structured testing in order to validate the application for business and technical requirements while guiding the improvement of the application.
- Experience working in teams to address software defect analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution.
- Ability to work collaboratively with business stakeholders and software development team, while driving software innovations and improvements to achieve business optimization
- Ability to prepare and present concepts and vision (written and verbal) to the software development team, management, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Candidate must be an excellent communicator.