Title : Database Administrator - Contract - Phoenix, AZ (MSR Global LLC) - 28336
Posting ID : 28336
Pay : DOE
No. of Openings: 1
PLEASE NOTE: This posting will close on 04/08/2014. Only AZ candidates accepted (Location MUST be specified on resume to be accepted)
|Role and Responsibilities
Seeking an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) to provide overall technical guidance in the evolution of a state government department of motor vehicle enterprise software application suite. This position will provide broad technical expertise in establishing the database framework that will be used to design and develop the departments software solution. As a member of the project team, the DBA will work in an interactive environment with business and technical staff to ensure a high degree of collaboration in support of a successful overall solution. Responsibilities for this role will include database installation and configuration, setting database standards, ensuring compliance against standards and best practices, database support for a highly skilled technical team, and the operations of high-availability databases. The Database Administrator must be able to lead and direct issue and problem resolution for a large, complex project. This is an exciting technical role where hands-on technical expertise is required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 4 years of experience in supporting enterprise information architectures in the Motor Vehicle industry (i.e. Driver Licensing, Driver Control & Improvement, and / or Vehicle Titling & Registration).
- Minimum 8 years of experience in deploying and supporting enterprise software solutions utilizing primarily the Microsoft SQL Server database.
- Ability to develop database architecture, principles, standards and procedures for database development and ensure broad understanding and compliance across the entire project team implementing those standards.
- Experience with the installation and configuration of Microsoft SQL Server product suite including the operational and maintenance functions such as monitoring, backups, indexing, logging, auditing, etc.
- Experience with the service-level SQL Server security including logins, users, roles, encryption, etc.
- Experience with the database support of complex software products including the deployment of multiple versions / releases of a large product.
- Experience with performance tuning of database architecture including database execution plans, SQL code, indices, etc. while optimizing the overall solution and resolving database issues such as timeouts, deadlocks, etc.
- Experience in conducting database code reviews and peer reviews for all database related objects and constructs (i.e. integrity, stored procedures, views, etc.)
- Experience working in teams to address data defect analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of the structured query language (SQL).
- Ability to synchronize the database architecture with the overall system architecture (i.e. application architecture, network architecture, security architecture, etc.).
- Experience with an industry accepted, structured software development life cycle methodology.
- Experience with an industry accepted, data modeling tool i.e. Visio, Erwin, etc.
- Experience with relational modeling and entity relationship modeling principles and techniques including relationships and normalization.
- Experience defining and establishing the appropriate database development environment including tools and processes.
- Ability to author logical and physical data model specifications and documentation for the software development team.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with the software development team while driving software innovations and improvements.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team addressing technical issues and problems.
- Experience in mentoring and fostering the development of technical staff in relation to database design on complex projects.
- Ability to prepare and present concepts and vision (written and verbal) to the software development team, senior management, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Candidate must be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.