Title : Database Developer - Contract - Phoenix, AZ (MSR Global LLC)
Pay : $50 per hour
No. of Openings: 1
- Work independently and under the direction of senior IT architects, development leads
- Contribute to multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs.
- Create relational data models from business requirements.
- Write complex SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Views and Functions using joins and conditional /repetition SQL logic
- Debug and optimize SQL scripts.
- Test database for load, performance and scalability.
- Work with an agile team consisting of Application Developers, Database Developers, Business Analysts and Business People to create and develop operational processes
- Provide production support for operational and reporting systems
- Investigate, troubleshoot and correct data and user related system errors
- 4-5 years of non-academic experience in SQL as well as Transact-SQL.
- 4-5 years of non-academic experience in software development, data structures and databases.
- At least 5 years’ experience database schema design, database normalization, store procedure creation using cursor and temp tables, stored procedures, Transact SQL and / or PL / SQL
- Experience with MySQL database performance optimization and troubleshooting.
- Extensive experience querying and optimizing relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL).
- Experience in creating and refining data models for efficient data storage and performance.
- Experience with ETL processes / Data Transformation from various sources to MySQL.
- Experience working with Big Data and No SQL Databases is a plus.
- Experience with various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in executing technical deep-dives on software design, code, and test artifacts.
- Develop estimates of effort for design of new, and/or modification to existing application components.