Title : Systems Administrator - Contract - Phoenix, AZ (MSR Global LLC)
Posting ID : 26021
Pay : $ 55 per hour
No. of Openings: 1
PLEASE NOTE: This posting will close on 09/04/2013.
Tasks include, but are not limited to administration, configuration, security, and troubleshooting of storage and servers along with software and hardware implementations and upgrades.
The candidate will participate in the transition of infrastructure support from the current vendor to in-house support. As part of the transition, the candidate will produce/update run books for each server and applications hosted. This documentation will include policies and procedures as they pertain to the Portal environment and information pertaining to the maintenance of CMDB. The knowledge transfer information should be clearly documented and approved by department and the current vendor for quality and depth.
The successful candidate will have prior experience in at least one of the following disciplines: COBIT, ITIL, NIST, ISO, or any other nationally recognized IT discipline.
The candidate must be able to work flexible hours including holidays and weekends.
-System Administration (50%)
- Storage Administration (15%)
- Documentation (15%)
- DR Planning (15%)
- Maintain server and storage infrastructure to ensure 24/7 availability. This includes applying OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis; upgrade administrative tools and utilities when needed; and configuring / adding services as necessary
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Ensure all systems meet ADOA security compliance requirements
- Develop/update operation, configuration and other procedural documentation.
- Provide regular team updates related to system changes and/or updates to documentation
- Interact with Vendors, customers and internal resources and divisions to ensure compliance with SLAs and OLAs with respect to the Portal
- Maintain asset inventory and ensure CMDB information is kept current for all hardware and software
- Update Disaster Recovery documentation and coordinate and perform annual disaster recovery tests
- Diagnose, document and Troubleshoot system issues
- Follow internal controls and procedures and document processes
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience with MS Windows and Red Hat Linux operating systems
- 3-5 years’ experience with virtualization products (VMware, Citrix, etc.)
- 2-4 years’ experience with MS Active Directory and Group Policy administration
- Understanding of LAN / WAN environments
- 3-5 years’ experience managing iSCSI storage
- 1-3 years’ experience maintaining application servers (jBoss, Tomcat, etc.)
- Technical Writing experience
- Experience one of the following disciplines; COBIT, ITIL, NIST, ISO etc.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows 2003-2008
- Advanced knowledge of Red Hat 5, 6
- Intermediate knowledge of Dell iSCSI PS400e
- Zabix, Nagious
- HP Site Scope (web site monitoring)
- Microsoft SQL
- My SQL
- Beginner knowledge of JBoss 4,6,7
- Beginner knowledge of TomCat
- Intermediate knowledge of VMware
- Beginner knowledge of Beyond Compare
- Intermediate knowledge of Disaster Recovery Tools